I have to admit - I haven't sent a single Christmas card yet! I know... I know... there's little more than a week left and they need to go out NOW!
When Brooke and Tanya challenged the CardMaker Blog team to come up with some quick to make, last minute Christmas card ideas to share I'll admit... I panicked. I'm not much for quick cards - I mean, I do simple layouts... but my typical card takes anywhere from 2-5 hours to make. Get one done in under 10 minutes... are you serious?
Well, I rolled up my sleeves and warmed up my airbrush system and here's what I came up with.
- Cut white (or cream) cardstock 3 3/4 x 5 inches.
- Place stencil over upper right of cardstock.
- Using the Copic Airbrush System, apply a smooth coat of B26 with the chisel nib and some speckles of B18 with the brush nib.
- Remove stencil.
- Stamp sentiment with blue ink.
- Mat airbrushed layer with dark blue cardstock.
- Attach to light blue card base with foam tape.
This would work with a number of different stencils and a variety of colors. Easy Peasy... and just in time!
1 down... 249 left!
Now that I've saved you some time... head on over to the other designer's blogs for even more quick and easy holiday card ideas!
Cardstock: X-Press It Blending Card, Bazzill Basics Paper
Stencil: Crafter's Workshop
Stamp: The Cat's Pajama's - Elegant Christmas
Ink: Memento - Paris Dusk
Copic Markers: B26/B18
Copic Airbrush System