This is the first of a two part post... I'll be doing a "year in review" of 2008 today, and I'll finish up with a "thoughts for 2009" tomorrow.
It seems like just yesterday that I was writing about the year 2007 and now, 2008 is only 24 hours from being done. Can you believe it? Gaaaah! At this rate, it will be 2050 and I'll be doddering around with my walker before I know it! LOL
Even though it goes quickly, I always like welcoming the new year... there is something calming and freeing about starting over or starting anew. But before I can welcome 2009, I have to indulge in a moment of sentimental weepies and say farewell to 2008. (Sniff)
- January 2008 brought us unseasonably warm weather and some sleepless nights in our 'storm shelter' as tornadoes ripped through Oklahoma and Kansas.
- My Creative Classroom officially kicked off in January - and the next 12 months were a whirl-wind of successful creative chaos with new classes, new responsibilities, new friends, and new challenges.
- Michael Buble sang his heart out in OK City (and I got to be there to see it!)
- I was honored to be a member of four different (and amazing) design teams.
- I spent a wonderful week in Phoenix, AZ with my gal pals from the Washington Book Club. (I have to add... I think Phoenix is the COOLEST place on earth and I want to live there!)
- Spring found me on the golf course ALMOST as much as my husband. I took some private lessons, purchased some cute clubs, and practiced my "trophy man" swing. (While I haven't played in months, I do plan on taking out the clubs again next spring.)
- I satisfied my Copic Craze by becoming a Certified Copic Instructor!
- I started working as a water fitness instructor at a local fitness club. Along with swimming laps, I am teaching daily classes to an adoring (if slightly waterlogged) audience.
- I lost 20 lbs... and am sure those last 5 will come off someday... (results of above activity).
- I was a part of something special when one very deserving family was accepted into the Habitat for Humanity program. They are well on their way to owning their very own home.
- Our own 'leaky' home was FINALLY fixed (knock on wood) when we stepped in and took over the repairs!!!
- I was accepted (and attended) Ranger U - the ultimate in education about Ranger products from Tim Holtz, Suze Weinberg, and Claudine Hellmuth. (I can't say enough about this experience... really, I can't!)
- Nate traveled (a lot) to Mexico and (a little) to North Carolina for work.
- My husband and I took a swimming workshop that ROCKED OUR WORLD!
- We made some new 'gaming' friends (finally) here in Muskogee - who would have thought?
- We lost our beloved Urie, but have been blessed with the good health and happiness of Duke, Akira, and Takeo.
- And... The year ends like it begins... Christmas week was unseasonably warm (78 degrees) and severe weather threatened. Ahhhhh, Oklahoma!
Come back tomorrow for my New Years Resolutions and that cool new project I mentioned on Monday.
*The photo on the side is an ATC project that I did earlier in the year. I attached three "About Me" ATC's to a piece of ribbon and made a door hanger. They are collaged with torn DP and sentiments, stamped, sponged with inks, the picture of me is my own 'photo drawing' technique, and I glazed them with some gel medium that was tinted with some alcohol inks.